Monday, June 19, 2017

Abortion ministry, gay pride, and pray for Dan Courney.

Hi everyone.
This week at the abortion mill outreach in Portland we had Officer Keller who I have written about before due to his continued presence at the abortion mill and we had no bad interactions with police which is a blessing. Our friend Brian has been talking to Portland Police. The officer in charge of the Planned Parenthood detail would not admit that the officer from two weeks ago was wrong in saying that we must stand an arms length away from the "deathscorts". (See my post from two weeks ago, A Week With the Police.)

The officer in charge said that if a person is intimidated by another person they could have the officer ask that person to move a reasonable distance from the person who feels intimidated. But Brian told him that the "deathscort" was not intimidated by me. The officer Brian talked to was however upset with officer McCusker (the officer from two weeks ago) for wearing earplugs while out at the abortion mill on duty. I do not know if one of the other officers got in trouble because she was sitting in her car and when a man came up and was yelling at Daddy she rolled up the window. When the person stopped yelling at Daddy she then rolled down her window again. The officers actions just show whose side they are really on. They are not there to protect us or else they would pay attention when someone started screaming at us and insulting us. Pray that as we go forward in legal action against the authorities who act unjustly toward us that we would gain favor in the eyes of the authorities and that they would act justly.


This week at the abortion mill I asked some others from our group, Stephanie and Chloe, to come with me to pray for officer Keller. Stephanie asked him if we could pray for him and he said that he could not stop us from thinking or saying anything. I hope that he heard the truth in our prayers and realized our love for him. Continue to pray for his salvation. I would like to show him that many people care for his soul. If you feel lead you can send letters for officer Keller to Maine4Jesus@gmail.com. Please include a clear Gospel message in it and where you are from. I will deliver them to him when I see him again. I continue to pray that he will be saved.


This week Chloe, Stephanie, and I spent part of our time in prayer and singing along with 4 of us reading Psalm 5 out loud. When we were singing on the sidewalk a man called out from the 4th story of the Planned Parenthood building, "Can I request a song". I told him he could if it was a Christian song that I knew. He ended up not requesting one. One of the songs we were signing was "You Give Me Life." The words said "You give me life, life in my soul, breath in my lungs, awaken my soul, now I will praise you, now I will praise you." After singing it as written we changed "me" to "them" and then we inserted one of the "deathscorts" name into the song. I do not know how she liked that but she did not yell at us or anything. I do not know how much she heard through her ear buds but we can be pretty loud sometimes. 


One lady came by and mocked us and was talking to the "deathscort" about how us girls were brainwashed. We were down on the sidewalk singing a song that we had chosen to sing and we were not forced to be there at the abortion mill at all. My sister was there and she is only 10 but she had actually at that point had been given the choice to go sit in the car with the rest of the kids and Mommy. I am a 14 year old who chose to be there. The other two people were Stephanie who is an adult with two children who makes her own decisions and Chloe who is an adult who also makes her own decisions. None of us were being forced to be there and we are only "brainwashed" in the same way that this lady who was mocking us was "brainwashed" by believing what other people have told us. I wonder if they ever even consider that they too have been brainwashed. 

Chloe went over to read a passage of Scripture to officer Keller. I do not know if he was paying attention or not but I hope he was. He tried to not take Chloe's note that she was trying to give him but in the end he took it. He said that he would take a letter and that he would read it later. I will write him another letter at some point once again sharing the Gospel. I told him that I did not have a picture of him and I together and asked if I could take a picture with him for my blog and he agreed. I also told him to smile instead of having a grim face and as seen in the picture below he did. In these two pictures you can see Marion who is the "deathscort" that I got in trouble for standing next to a couple weeks ago. (Also in my post from two weeks ago.)


A couple of the men in our group preached. Brian preached about this weekend's "Pride" parade in Portland. This morning Portland Police posted on their facebook page a sign that said " The Portland Police Department supports equality." I had to say something so here is my original comment. Homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord God Almighty. I am deeply concerned for all who practice this sin and hope they repent and turn to Jesus Christ in Faith. I hope that all people everywhere repent because I do not want anyone to face the full wrath of God. I love people and do not want that to happen to anyone but God is a God of Justice who cannot let sin go unpunished. Repenting and turning to Christ is the only way to be saved! And while we are talking about equality. Where are all the equal rights to life for the babies in the womb who were murdered yesterday in Portland under the watch of a Portland police officer who has been told multiple times that this murder is taking place?
After I posted that more people responded and I hope that this thread turns into a rational conversation with someone without the ad hominem attacks and illogical arguments that sometimes arise out of threads like this. Here are some responses. 
"Yeah but God isn't real... So..."    
"You don't speak for God. He speaks for himself, and his ruling is that the gays are okay. So get over it, and stop calling people "abominations" in God's name. Hating people for who they were born as is probably the greatest sin you can commit."
Another one of our responses:  Where does the Bible say that "gays are ok"? The Bible also says murder is wrong, pride is wrong, lying is wrong and many other sins. We are shown the law to realize that we cannot live up to God's holy standard. That is why we need Jesus as a sacrifice to pay for our sins. We are speaking what God has already spoken in His Holy Word. It is true that all people are born sinners and that is why we need a savior but no one is born gay that is a sinful choice that people make. I would urge you to consider what God has said and please stop saying that God says gays are okay when He has clearly stated otherwise in His written revelation.
To which the man replied, You're disgusting, and I'm done talking with you until you grow up. I hope God forgives you for the hate in your heart. Or, I'll see you down in gay hell. We're bound to have a fabulous time. 
Someone else said, "Report his first post to Facebook as hate speech."

I said at the start of the thread that sometimes facebook conversations turned into an internet shouting match and that I wanted to have a good conversation and I would appreciate a well thought through response. I guess some people did not get the point of a polite answer. Now my comments are still there but other people deleted their comments. 

Please be praying for Mike Stockwell and Mike Overd as they go to court on June 28 to appeal their case. You may remember that last year both men were arrested in England for preaching the Gospel along with Don Cairns and Adrian Clark. Adrian was acquitted and Don's charges were dropped but both Mike and Mike were charged guilty. If I remember correctly they were each fined 2,016 pounds each. Mike Stockwell is planning on leaving for the UK June 23. Pray that they will both be vindicated! 

Recently Dan Courney, who is in England right now, was arrested for "religious aggravation". His situation seems similar to Mike and Mike's. He has been bailed until a July 6 court date. England's law enforcement continues to show their hatred for the Gospel of Christ. They refuse to let men preach Christ as the way, the truth, and the life. When the men were out in England preaching yesterday they endured much opposition and Dan Courney was even assaulted by a "she-man". 

While we here in America can sit back and talk about our religious freedoms in this country our rights are being taken away from us. While it is still at the point that we can take unjust persecutors to court and have a judge rule in our favor there may be a point very soon where the law of the land states that we do not have the right to proclaim the Gospel in the public square. But as many men and women who have gone before us have done, we will continue to follow Christ's command to preach the Gospel to every creature! Pray that these men facing persecution at the hands of the law would be an example to us to press on against any opposition and glorify God through the proclamation of His glorious Son, our only Savior, Jesus Christ! These men, Mike, Mike, Don, Adrian and Dan are faithful heralds of the Gospel and heroes of the faith!

Saturday night was the summer solstice in Rockland, and even though Daddy was working we went and passed out tracts. We probably passed out around 100 Gospel tracts. They also had chalk out for people to write on the street with. I wrote in 12 inch letters "Jesus Christ is King". And I hope that Sye Ten Bruggencate did not mind but I also wrote his website address on the road. I recruited two other people to pass out tracts one of them I have known for years and I handed him a few tracts which I told him to pass out. He promptly walked past the police officer that was out and offered him one. I thank God that my friend did this even though his friends could easily have mocked him. The other person we gave tracts to was a woman who saw the tract and told us that she loved Jesus. She is with the City Reach in Bangor but when we mentioned Cell53 she knew who they were and told us that she loved them. She said that Cell53 was one of the first churches she have her testimony at. There was also a man that we met who was with our friend who greatly encouraged us in our work. Thank you sir for sharing this encouragement with us!

Prayer
Please be praying for 2 women who went to the abortion mill in Orlando recently. Jon Barros posted on facebook that it seems like they may be in unsafe situations. Both of them are pretty far along in their pregnancies. Pray that both them and their new babies will be able to get the care and protection that they need. Pray also for Jon Barros as he continues to minister outside Orlando's Women's Health Center.

With love in the Lord,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment