Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Murder mill and Blues Festival Ministry.

Hi everyone.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday were quite busy for my family. Thursday was my little brother's birthday. We went to the local library where the police were going to be doing a talk. When we got there we were excited to see that the officer doing the talk was chief of police, Kevin Haj. Mommy has known chief Haj for about 25 years. We had a great time talking with him about farming, gardening, and preaching. Part way through his talk he called Daddy over and handed him the keys to the cruiser. He asked Daddy to go get the candy from the car. After a while Chief Haj motioned for me and Mommy to come over. Once we came over he took out his handcuffs and locked me and Mommy together. He then handed Mommy the keys to let us out. My little brother had fun sitting on Chief Haj' lap. I guess Chief Haj is the closet to Grandpa Allan that my brother can find.

On Friday our day started at 6:30 in the morning. We left the house and went out to the streets of Portland.  This week was filled with men and women who were not so happy that we were out trying to talk women out of having an abortion.I was glad I was able to see Robert Gray again. This was the first time I was able to see Robert since he got back from a preaching tour in England. There were a couple other people out there with us. While I could tell a lot of stories about people that did not like that we were out there. One person told Robert that, because of our group outside the abortion mill begging people to repent and choose life, that is the reason that he has his son today. I pray that God uses the men and women of Redeeming Grace Fellowship, and Cell 53 along with the others who take their stand for Christ outside the abortion mill, as they labor to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to the men and women of Portland Maine.

Saturday and Sunday was the North Atlantic Blues Festival, which is held in Rockland, the town right next to our home town. We had been at a local festival in St. George earlier with Gospel signs, tracts, and personal conversations earlier in the day. We went home for a little while to eat and then hit the streets of Rockland  and got to work. Our evening included street preaching, public reading of Scripture. and passing out tracts. We then went out to dinner with Grandma and then came home.

I asked for prayers for my friends in Cambodia, I am happy to say that they are back in the states. Chanthy, is a girl from Cambodia who has brain injuries. Due to losing mobility in her feet, her mussels have been severely injured. Chanthy does therapy at Lina's Hope, my friends therapy center in Cambodia. They brought her to the states with them so that she can have surgery done so that she can hopefully walk again. She just had her first surgery done. She will have to have another surgery in 4 months. Please be praying for her as she goes through this time of healing.

If anyone would like to write a note of encouragement to Chanthy, the Him family or the men and women who share the gospel on the streets of Portland. Letters can be sent to: Maine4Jesus@gmail.com. I will then make sure that all letters are given to the correct people.

I would like to ask for continued prayers for Mike Stockwell and the other men who were arrested for preaching the Gospel in England.

With love in the LORD,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment