Monday, September 12, 2016

A little bit of everything. From preaching to movies to prayer!

Hi everyone.

I looked at the stats on my blog and am amazed at the results! Thanks to the advertising done by Cell53 and Mike Stockwell this blog now has about 1,000 views! We have the ability to see what countries the IP addresses are coming from, this blog has page views from: the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Korea, India, Canada, Mexico, France, and more! I pray that God uses it for His glory.

Since we did not go to the Abortion mill this week I can not write about that but we still did some open air evangelism.

On Saturday a church about 20 minutes away from our house was showing the new movie Origins. We asked around about the movie and from what we could figure out, which was not much, it seemed like the movie was promoting Intelligent Design, but not Biblical Creation. We headed out to the town park right next to the church where Daddy did some open air preaching from Genesis 1. The pastor's wife came out and talked to us and when asked what she believed she told us that she would probably fall under the group of "Day Age Theory".

A little later the speaker who was promoting the film personally invited us to come in and watch the movie. We were also told that there would be a Q and A after the movie so we decided to go in. One person in the film mentioned God as a possibility, but it seemed like they were more pointing to an intelligent designer than the God of the Bible. The presenter answered questions briefly, but when we went to talk afterward at his sales table, he seemed annoyed by our understanding of the subject and the attempt to direct the discussion to the Gospel.

I realized that there is one great evangelist that I really like that I have not mentioned. His name is Sye Ten Bruggencate (it is not that hard to pronounce my 4 year brother can do it). While I have not been able to meet him yet I enjoy listening to his teaching, and he is helpful in answering Daddy's questions via Facebook. I am grateful that Sye is there when we need an answer to any question about apologetics. Check out his website at proofthatGodexists.org (link is on the sidebar of this blog's home page.) I hope you are blessed by his work, and just so you know he is very humble and gives God the glory, as we all should as everything we have comes from God!

I would encourage everyone to watch, How To Answer The Fool which is a movie that Sye made with a couple of his friends. It is a great film about how to share the Gospel with those who suppress the truth in unrighteousness. I think people should also watch, Dominion, Proclaiming The Truth In The True North, Mike Stockwell gave a DVD of it to me last month at the Fellowship Conference New England and I really enjoyed watching it! It should also be fun to watch since some of the people I talk about on here are in the movie such as Mike, Robert Gray and Sye. Thank you for the movie Mike!

Next week I am hoping to get a chance to go down to Portland to see Mike and Robert while they are here in Maine. I pray that we will have a chance to do some evangelism with them. Please be praying for them as they do an evangelism tour through New England.

Please be praying for my friends from Cambodia, Jennifer and Heap and their children as they adjust to their new life with school for their 2 oldest sons and Heap as he travels to different churches to share their story.  Pray also for Lina's Hope back in Cambodia as the staff try to keep everything in order while Jennifer and Heap are not there. Continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ around the world as they continue to share the Gospel under the threat of persecution and even death. Yet it is worth the risk to share Jesus Christ was crucified and that He will save all who turn to Him in repentance and Faith.

with love in the LORD,
Virginia, (Virginia slim. I will never live that one down Andrew!)

1 comment:

  1. Here is a link to the documentary on youtube. https://youtu.be/53aPnyGMixw

    ReplyDelete