Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Challenge continues,Father's Day, bold witnesses





Hello everyone.
I am excited to announce the birth of my cousin "R". He was born on Wednesday and he is adorable!
He and my aunt came over today and I was glad I was able to hold him. I hope that God draws him to Himself at a young age. I am also excited to tell everyone that my friends in Cambodia were able to save a baby from abortion and about a week ago the baby's young Christian parents welcomed a new little girl into this world. I pray that her parents bring her up in the fear and admonition of the LORD and I pray that God draws her to himself at a young age.

Yesterday we decided to not to go to the first service at our church and instead we made a "Happy Fathers Day" sign and went out to hold signs on the street before church. After that we decided to go to a church where we had never seen anyone before so that we could see if anyone would be there on a Sunday morning.

When we showed up there were 2 cars there so we decided to go inside, there were a couple ladies there and they invited us to stay for the service so we did. It was a very short service but it was very good as well.


After Church we came home and had lunch and then headed out to Fort Edgecomb which is a fort from the war of 1812. It was built in 1808 and is home to an octagonal blockhouse which is the best preserved blockhouse from that period. The blockhouse was a timber frame building, the timbers that were used to build it were about 18 inch by 18 inch beams.The bottom floor was about 20 feet across and the second floor was about 30 feet  across. It was an amazing place to go see.

In personal Bible I am still in Psalms and and in family Bible we are reading from multiple different books depending on what day you ask, using a Chronological Bible reading plan. Right now we are reading about the time right after when Solomon's temple was built.

So here is the next part of the challenge: Try doing something so that people do not even have to talk to you to know you are a Christian, for example, write all bible verses on your car, start singing gospel songs when you are out in town or even quote Bible verses to other people in your family you can even make it into to a game of who can remember the most Bible verses. As an example of this just the other day my family and I were in goodwill and someone walked up to us and asked us what church we went to.

I do have to say my family and I do stick out as all of us girls except the baby wear head coverings and all us girls were skirts and our van may have something to do with it as 5 of the windows have writing on them which say things like: CHOOSE LIFE, REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL,EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, and as we use window markers our signs can be changed whenever they start to come off.

For prayer requests I would like to ask for prayers for all the women that may have abortions that they will not murder their children and that God will draw them to Himself , and also for one woman who my friends and I met outside the abortion mill as far as I know she has not had an abortion yet please pray that she will go on to have this child and pray that she and the babies father will be saved by the grace of God. I would also like to ask for prayers for my friends in Cambodia as they will be heading back to the states in a few weeks. Also please be praying for a young man from our church as he is in the hospital and the doctors are not sure what is going on, and please pray that his mother will be patient  as the doctors try to figure out what to do.

With love in the LORD,
Virginia



No comments:

Post a Comment